- Beautification: Parking lot sealcoating helps to project a positive image for your company, facility, or residential complex. When covered with a black asphalt sealant, pavement looks and wears like new.
- Restoration: Regularly applying asphalt sealer restores critical tars and binders which can beautify and increase the structural integrity of your pavement surfaces.
- Protection: Sealcoating acts as a protective barrier between the pavements surface and caustic elements.
- Longevity: By restoring the pavements natural binders and continual protection against the elements, sealcoating can greatly extend the life of your pavement.
- Cost Effectiveness: Sealcoating preserves asphalt for pennies per square foot.
Prior to sealcoating, any structural failures or cracks on the pavement must be repaired. All potholes must be removed and replaced with new asphalt, cracks must be cleaned and filled with cracksealant, and oil spots cleaned or primed. Finally, the entire surface of your pavement will be cleaned using a high powered air blower and roadway brooms. Once the pavement surface is ready, the asphalt sealcoating will proceed according to a pre-approved schedule.
Sealcoating should only be performed under the proper weather conditions. The recommended air and pavement temperature should be at least 55 degrees Fahrenheit and rising during the application of sealer and for 8 hours afterward.
Traffic should be kept off a newly sealed surface for a minimum of 18 to 36 hours to allow for drying (curing) time. If this time frame is not practical, Duraseal will work with you to develop a schedule that works for you. It is also important to refrain from using sprinklers near the area, hosing down, or washing the area for 48 hours before and after work is completed.